- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
The Florida Council Against Sexual Violence is a statewide nonprofit organization committed to victims and survivors of sexual violence and the sexual assault crisis programs that serve them.
FCASV serves as a resource to the state on sexual violence issues. We host a biennial statewide conference and offer many trainings, bringing state-of-the-art information from around the nation to Florida. We provide technical assistance to agencies seeking to improve their services for rape victims, and we provide up-to-date information to the public. By using our toll free information line, callers can access information from our resource library or from our network of national resources. FCASV provides information, assistance and leadership on all aspects of sexual violence, including rape, child abuse, stalking and sexual harassment.
We envision a world free of sexual violence in which men and women together assure that all human beings are treated with dignity and respect for their physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual integrity.
Statements of Belief
· Sexual violence is a crime of power and control, and as such, is a matter of social justice.
· Social justice cannot be fully achieved as long as sexual violence is allowed to continue.
· We are committed to ending the societal attitudes, cultural beliefs and institutional practices that perpetuate sexual violence and other social injustices.
· Men and women must be partners in ending sexual violence.
· Sexual violence victims deserve full, compassionate responses and access to high quality services.
· We support the right of victims to determine their own courses of action.
· Prevention is the responsibility of individual offenders and society as a whole.
· We honor and support the efforts of those who provide services to victims.
· Sexual Violence is a public health and safety issue and deserves the complete attention of our elected officials.
Sexual violence shatters lives, wounds communities, and perpetuates injustice. The Florida Council Against Sexual Violence leads, informs, and inspires the people of Florida to create safe and just communities.
This mission is accomplished through our network of members. Together, we are working to achieve the following goals:
· Improving Florida's sexual violence programs, including seeking funding, resources and services.
· Collaborating with agencies from many different fields to advance the issue of sexual violence.
· Providing up-to-date information and training to Florida's professionals
· Raising public awareness about the impact of sexual violence
· Developing, tracking and monitoring legislative initiatives that affect sexual violence survivors, and Supporting the reduction of the risk of sexual violence through prevention education and through increased prosecution and criminal justice system accountability of perpetrators
, Florida, ALASKA AND CONTINENTAL US
Florida, council, coalition, sexual violence, sexual abuse, sexual assault