- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
The University of Guam Student Support Services provides mentoring and counseling for students
students towards the successful completion of their post-secondary education.
Note: Data for this listing was compiled from online sources by UOG social work students enrolled in SW110 Introduction to Community Services on Guam classes (Sections 1 and 2) in the spring semester of 2017.
- Academic Tutoring
- Advice and Assistance in Course Selection
- Assistance in Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Cultural Activities
- Information on Financial Aid Program and Benefits
- Information of Financial & Economic Literacy/Financial Planning
- Summer Bridge
- Study Skills Workshops and Information
- Academic Workshops
- Supplemental Grants Aid for Eligible Students
- Foster a Supportive Academic Environment
- Help Students Accomplish their Academics and their Personal Goals
- Increase Graduation Rates
- Transition Students to attend Graduate/Professional schools
Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. At the office of Federal Student Aid, our 1,200 employees help make college education possible for every dedicated mind by providing more than $150 billion in federal grants, loans, and work-study funds each year to more than 13 million students paying for college or career school. We are proud to sponsor millions of American minds pursuing their educational dreams.
What We Do:
Federal Student Aid is responsible for managing the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. These programs provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school.
We ensure students and their families can benefit from these programs by:
- informing students and families about the availability of the federal student aid programs and the process for applying for and receiving aid from those programs;
- developing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) and processing approximately 22 million FAFSA submissions each year;
- accurately disbursing, reconciling, and accounting for all federal student aid funds that are delivered to students each year through more than 6,200 colleges and career schools;
- managing the outstanding federal student loan portfolio and securing repayment from federal student loan borrowers;
- offering free assistance to students, parents, and borrowers throughout the entire financial aid process; and
- Providing oversight and monitoring of all program participants—schools, financial entities, and students— to ensure compliance with the laws, regulations, and policies governing the federal student aid programs.
We encourage you to visit the following resources to better understand Federal Student Aid’s role in funding education beyond high school.
· Strategic Planning and Reporting: Review our strategic plans and annual performance reports. Available only in English.
· Data Center: Access the latest data relating to our programs. Available only in English.
· Public Service Announcements: Download our public service announcements
Applicant must be enrolled at the University of Guam and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- US citizen or meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial aid.
- Demonstrate academic need
And (any of the following):
- Low-Income: determined by federal income guidelines
- First Generation College Student: Neither parent or legal guardian received a baccalaureate degree.
- Disability: student has a physical and/or learning disability.
UOG Calvo Field House, Second Floor, Rm 208, Mangilao , GUAM, GUAM
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Teens, Adults, Seniors
UOG, university, student support, education & training, support services, government local, student mentoring, student counseling, mentoring, counseling