Department of Public Health and Social Services - Health Professional Licensing - Division of General Administration
Types of Services Offered: Education & Training
Category: Government Local
- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
Oversees and supports the planning and implementing of all Health Professional Licensing Boards' Guam mandates.
Note: Data for this listing was compiled from online sources by UOG social work students enrolled in SW110 Introduction to Community Services on Guam classes (Sections 1 and 2) in the spring semester of 2017.
· The Guam Board of Nurse Examiners is the regulatory body of nurses appointed by the Governor to serve as members of the Nursing Board.
· The Guam Board of Medical Examiners is responsible for the licensing of physicians in Guam to include physicians who provide services to Guam patients from off-island in accordance with the Guam Medical Practice Act.
· The Guam Board of Examiners for Pharmacy is responsible for the licensure of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians in Guam and the operation of pharmacies and wholesale pharmacy outlets in accordance with the Pharmacy Practice Act.
· The Guam Board of Examiners for Dentistry is responsible for the licensure of dentists and dental auxiliary personnel in Guam.
· The Guam Board of Examiners for Optometry is responsible for the licensure of optometrists and optometry facilities in Guam.
· The Guam Board of Allied Health Examiners (w/15 health disciplines) is responsible for the licensing of 15 different disciplines in allied health in Guam like clinical psychology, audiology, speech language pathology, chiropractics, IMFT, etc.
· The Guam Board of Barbering and Cosmetology is responsible for the licensing and testing of cosmetology personnel to NIC standards and licensing/regulation of cosmetology related salons/facilities per the Guam Barbering and Cosmetology Act.
MaryLou Loualhati (Acting Administrator)
651 Legacy Square Commercial Complex S. Rte. 10, Suite 9, Mangilao, GUAM
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday