University of Guam - Educational Talent Search (ETS)
Types of Services Offered: Education & Training
Category: Government Local
- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
University of Guam - Educational Talent Search provides services which includes academic and career counseling, academic tutoring, information on colleges / universities, financia aid information, social/ cultural enrichment, etc. Students must meet qualification guidelines and are first generation college bounds students who show potential for educational success.
Who we are:
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is part of the federally funded TRIO Programs at the University Guam.
ETS identifies and assists individuals who have the potential to succeed in higher education.
It is also a nation-wide program found in the Pacific Islands, Hawaii, and the U.S. mainland.
Our Target Schools:
Agueda I. Johnston Middle School (AIJMS)
- § Contact Counselor: Ms. Mariano
Astumbo Middle School (AMS)
- Contact Counselor: Ms. Guerrero
F.B. Leon Guerrero Middle School (FBLG)
- § Contact Counselor: Ms. Alconaba
Untalan Middle School (UMS)
- Contact Counselor: Mr. Chargualaf
Vicente S.A. Benavente Middle School (VBMS)
- Contact Counselor: Ms. Nelson
George Washington High School (GWHS)
- Contact Counselor: Mr. Gian Comia
John F. Kennedy High School (JFKHS)
- Contact Counselor: Mr. Lujan
Okkodo High School (OHS)
- Contact Counselor: Mrs. San Nicolas
Simon Sanchez High School (SSHS)
- Contact Counselor: Mr. Mesa
Tiyan High School (THS)
- Contact Counselor: Mr. J. Cruz
Applicants must be middle and high school students who are potential first generation college students (neither parents/legal guardians completed a college education from a U.S. accredited institution), and have met the family income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education.
Middle school students ( 8th grade only )
- tutorial connections
- provided career exploration, learning styles, & study skill activities
- provided high school preparation activities- ( summer program )
- provided academic assistance (i,e.study skills, learning styles, & self development )
- Assist with College Selection Process,
- Provide Information and Assistance in Completing Student Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Provide Scholarship Information,
- Review Courses for the PSAT/SAT,
- Provide College Mentoring and Campus Tours,
- Provide Career Assessments and Activities
- Nominate Students for the National Student Leadership Conference and other opportunities.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday